Date(s) - 07/12/2016 - 08/12/2016
The Royal Aeronautical Society
We are pleased to announce that the RIEG are organising a 2 day conference on Innovations in Rubber Design 7th – 8th December 2016 – London, UK. This conference will focus on the design cycle in the rubber industry and how recent innovations can result in better, longer lasting and more functional products. The scope of the event is to include:
- New or novel materials, new design and simulation tools can help design more robust or effective products.
- Innovative and emerging technologies such as smart or electroactive elastomers can be adopted in new applications such as remote sensing, mechatronics or energy harvesting.
- Advanced manufacturing techniques can be used to make bespoke products more rapidly and with shorter lead times.
- Tools or systems that can be used to validate product performance.
- New tools can help predict lifetimes for a range of different failure mechanisms including fracture, fatigue, abrasion and ageing.
- Products can be designed for second generation applications at the end of their lives.
This is a reminder of the deadline for the call for papers for the next RIEG organised 2 day conference has only 9 days to go. The conference is on the topic of Innovations in Rubber Design and will be from 7th – 8th December 2016 – London, UK. This IOM3 event will focus on the design cycle in the rubber industry and how recent innovations can result in better, longer lasting and more functional products. The scope of the event is about translating new innovations in elastomer materials to real rubber engineering products. I hope that some aspect of your recent work fits into this theme and if so that you are considering entering an abstract into the conference. The call for papers is only open until the 27th May 2016 and is downloadable here. If you are planning to submit a paper then you should use this link to access the abstract upload site but can I also encourage you to drop me a quick email this week so that I can track your submission through the IOM3 system efficiently.
In addition to this large event the RIEG is involved in organising the following event on “Design and Manufacture with Elastomers” an Afternoon Technical Discussion Meeting (ATDM). This event is free due to the generous support of ARTIS of our technical programme sponsor.
Date: 1st July 2016 (starts at 2pm)
Location: Nottingham University
Confirmed talks include:
- The development of Prosthetic Heart Valves using Block Copolymers by Dr Geoff Moggridge of Cambridge University, UK
- Use of FEA to optimise cure cycles of rubber components by Dr Julia Gough of TARRC, UK
- Elastomer used for the tooling surface for carbon fibre manufacturing by Matthias Wimmer of Hochschule Munchen, Germany
- The challenges in the development of a double bonded rubber mount by Dr Frederick Ngolemasango BWI GROUP UK
Register for free at the Eventbrite website by clicking here.